Taken 5 minutes apart (confirmed by phone’s time stamp).
This St. Valentine’s Day, accompanied by Dana and Ruben (for the most part), I had the distinct pleasure of
- sitting in a bacon laden restaurant (The Hungry Pig), eavesdropping on some young’uns chatting about our magazine
- getting my nails done in a cheap wee place in the backpacker area,
- eating sushi nearby,
- taking tacky Tet/Valentine’s photos in District 7 (that most suburban/American of districts),
- wandering around the only park I know of that allows you to walk on the grass (while being childish voyeurs),
- tasting some lovely beer back in the city center (Pasteur Street Brewing Co),
- lounging/drinking/eating/chatting with a previously undiscovered collection of Italians in the neighbourhood and
- sleeping diagonal-starfish-style on a bed to myself.
Sure, I miss Oli (who’s away visiting family) but it’s also been nice visiting the rest of the world again. A girl easily falls away from it all when there’s someone around with whom she can comfortably be an antisocial hermit.
The ride to D7
Nails and things
Tet + Valentines day = classy
Flowers for Tet
Kites all about
Finding the light
Smoky whiskey-barrelled vanilla beer
View from apartment, towards the city centre.
Opposite view from apartment
..um, that building
That sky. THAT SKY. Driving through D4.
Views that would, aptly, go along with a City and Colour soundtrack. Instead, here’s an Aaron Wright track.