This St. Valentine’s Day, accompanied by Dana and Ruben (for the most part), I had the distinct pleasure of
- sitting in a bacon laden restaurant (The Hungry Pig), eavesdropping on some young’uns chatting about our magazine
- getting my nails done in a cheap wee place in the backpacker area,
- eating sushi nearby,
- taking tacky Tet/Valentine’s photos in District 7 (that most suburban/American of districts),
- wandering around the only park I know of that allows you to walk on the grass (while being childish voyeurs),
- tasting some lovely beer back in the city center (Pasteur Street Brewing Co),
- lounging/drinking/eating/chatting with a previously undiscovered collection of Italians in the neighbourhood and
- sleeping diagonal-starfish-style on a bed to myself.
Sure, I miss Oli (who’s away visiting family) but it’s also been nice visiting the rest of the world again. A girl easily falls away from it all when there’s someone around with whom she can comfortably be an antisocial hermit.